Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Surplus Island

Oils on canvas. Original composition.

My idea for this painting is to revisit it with the extra paint left over from doing other paintings, and to be a bit more free with regards to composition and techniques. I'm also looking for a better name than 'Surplus Island'...

This was originally just a quick sketch using just different shades of blue paint. Unfortunately, I did not take a photo at that stage (I bet future art historians will curse me for that...). It's okay, it wasn't that good. But there is quite a difference between the all blue version and this new one with colour.

As a technique I was trying out, the ground is actually black paint that was very heavily diluted with linseed oil. This makes more of a transparent glaze, more like a watercolour paint than an oil paint.


The second version



No comments:

Post a Comment