The car painting, which has been years in the making. It's very detail-orientated and slightly tedious to work on. Oils may not have been the best choice with all the precision and straight lines necessary. I'm slowly working on it, but I find myself wanting to do other pieces more.
While in the Netherlands, I was captivated by the love of the Dutch people for windmills. I got this image in my mind of Dutch cultists summoning a windmill from the lake. I've done a few sketches of this, and I know what I want, but the difficulty is always in translating that to the canvas.
My current progress is pretty good. There will be a volcano on the right, green boiling water around the windmill, possibly a thunderbolt on the left. And I need to redo the hill with the cultists. I want a green glow around the middle cultist, but right now it doesn't look right.
No comments:
Post a Comment